Oct 6, 2020
There are so many numbers you’ll pay attention to when looking at your money from your business. Today I want to talk about 2 numbers specifically that not enough people pay attention to! I know I didn’t for way too long, and I want you to learn from my mistake here.
Nope, we’re not talking about revenue and profits. This is something completely different! I hope my sharing openly about what’s working for me helps YOU as well! A fast disclaimer on this episode: I am not a bookkeeper, accountant or financial advisor. I’m a website designer! I’m sharing what is working for me in my online business. The advice I’m sharing here is specific to online service-based businesses, and I realize that not all types of businesses need to watch the same numbers.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The 2 numbers you need to pay attention to, but might be ignoring right now
- What scaling my business and paying myself through scaling has looked like over the years
- Why I hate “marketing math” - what it is, problems with it, and how you don’t need big revenue numbers to make a great living
- Thoughts on paying attention to your money, even as a “non-math person”
- Plus, 2 “life updates” in the beginning of this episode. Super fun!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Get on the waitlist for my upcoming course for designers: https://elizabethmccravy.com/waitlist
- Claire Pell’s Get Paid Podcast (episode #122): https://clairepells.com/122/
- Shop Elizabeth’s EM Shop website templates: https://elizabethmccravy.com/shop/
- Connect with Elizabeth on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elizabethmccravy/
- Visualization podcast episode - scroll back to episode #73 of this show!