Mar 15, 2022
Last week we talked about early motherhood from a postpartum life perspective, now let’s talk about those early days from a BUSINESS perspective. I’m sharing all the nitty gritty details of my 5 month maternity leave. (It was about 5 ½ months total - including the time before Colin was actually born, which we’ll get into in this episode!)
On episode #139 (What I Did To Prepare For A 2 ½ Month Maternity Leave As An Online Business Owner), I told you all about how I planned a maternity leave from my business! Well, now maternity leave is over, and Colin is 6 months old!
I’ll be sharing…
- What taking so much time away from my business was like
- The hilariousness of the early days of my maternity leave while waiting on Colin to be born
- The experience of working a little bit but not “a lot” (because you never really “stop” as a business owner)
- 3 ways I’ve built a business that allows for this much time away while still thriving
- How did all my planning actually play out in real life
- How much I worked/didn’t work
- What it was like executing a Black Friday sale while on leave (and what I’d do differently next time)
- How my desires for my work life changed when becoming a mom
- My team members review of the leave
- Plus, plenty of random tips for you throughout!
This is in no way a COMPLETE picture of my maternity leave. I wish I could share every important detail, but the truth is… I forget a lot of things and this outline is already 10 pages as it is. I hope you’ll enjoy this casual and very real episode. And, I pray it helps you in some way as you plan time away from your business, whatever that looks like for you!
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Get the full show notes for this episode here: https://elizabethmccravy.com/158
- Episode #139 - Details on planning my maternity leave: https://elizabethmccravy.com/139
- Episode #158 - All about my postpartum journey: https://elizabethmccravy.com/157
- Episode #148 - Colin’s Birth Story: https://elizabethmccravy.com/colins-birth-story/
Are we connected on Instagram? I’d love to hear what you think of this episode and anything else you’d love to hear covered on the podcast! https://www.instagram.com/elizabethmccravy/
And as always, please share this episode with a friend who you think would benefit! Thanks for being here!