Oct 29, 2019
A couple of months ago I deleted 700+ people from my email list. Just straight up a bye, bye, bye. Not because I didn't like them or didn't want them to get my emails — not at all! I deleted them because they were "cold subscribers". They weren't opening my emails or clicking on anything for months.
What kept me not deleting people for so long was the fact that I saw my subscriber number as a vanity metric I wanted to protect. I have a subscriber goal I'm trying to hit this year, and by deleting people, I obviously set the goal back.
But, enough was enough and who wants to send emails to people who don’t want them anyway?! In this episode, I’m sharing the process for removing subscribers from your email list, while making sure they actually want to go first. We also talk about how to re-engage a list you simply haven’t emailed in forever! Get ready to start having a cleaner and more engaged email audience.
- Full blog post and extended show notes: https://elizabethmccravy.com/39
- Visit the main website: https://elizabethmccravy.com/
- Overall Averages for Open and Click Rates: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/guides/email-marketing-benchmarks/
- Interesting Email Marketing Statistics: https://www.oberlo.com/blog/email-marketing-statistics
- Recommended Email Marketing Softwares:
- - ConvertKit: https://elizabethmccravy.com/convertkit
- - FloDesk: https://elizabethmccravy.com/flodesk